Believe it or not, summer in New Jersey is quickly approaching. With the outbreak of the coronavirus, summer may look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean you won’t still need a properly functioning A/C system. A-Absolute is dedicated to ensuring the best summer for you and your home, and one way we can make sure you stay cool is with our tips for getting your HVAC unit ready for summer.
This list will help you to make the most of summer and ensure that your whole family stays cool when the heat rises:
- Remove the cover and clean around your outdoor A/C unit. Make sure any leaves or weeds are discarded around the base or on top of your unit. This will help your HVAC system to function properly, and allow easy access for technicians.
- Change the air filters in your system. Winter means the accumulation of more dust and debris than normal, and having a clean filter heading into summer will help with indoor air quality.
- Test your thermostat to determine if it’s working properly. If you have a programmable thermostat, consider changing the settings to match what you want for the warmer months of the year. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider upgrading, as this may lead to energy savings over time!
- Inspect your ducts and clean vents and registers. Dust and debris can block the flow of air, causing your system to be less efficient and use more energy. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can also inspect your unit panels to look for damage from the winter months.
- Turn on your system to test it before the heat of summer arrives. Notice if the temperature is properly regulated in your home and if your thermostat is working correctly in conjunction with the HVAC.
Once you have checked your HVAC system, schedule your seasonal maintenance with the professionals at A-Absolute! We can help to ensure your system is thoroughly inspected for common problems and leave you feeling confident in your unit’s ability to protect from summer heat. Remember to keep cool with A-Absolute!